A coach can offer even the most experienced athlete a new perspective, scientific knowledge, nutritional expertise, psychological aid, and (sometimes most importantly) a voice of reason to temper the most well meaning athlete’s self-destructive tendencies. Even the most experienced and educated athlete can’t be objective about his or her own training and racing. ~Steve Ruis
Certified coaching is available through the London Pacers. Qualifications in our ranks include certification with the National Coaching Certification Program. This system ensures that the coach has a certain level of knowledge and commitment. The NCCP, which is followed by 65 sports across the country, involves a combination of studies of the theories behind training, technical programs specific to each sport and supervised coaching lasting for a year or more for each level. This ensures that the coach has a broad knowledge of all aspects of the art and science of coaching.
Certified Coaches in Our Midst
Contact us if you are certified, qualified, volunteer-minded and would like to join in on some coaching opportunities.
Bill has competed in road, trail, and cross-country running as well as triathlons and duathlons. He is one of the top Masters runners and triathletes in the area. Bill has Canadian age-group championships in both cross-country running and the International Duathlon. He believes in the saying, “motion is medicine” and along with his coaching duties leads a number of weekly meet-ups for anybody interested in staying active.
- NCCP level 2
- NCCP Community Triathlon Coaching
- Running Coach: Western Triathlon Club
- Run Leader: Mountain Equipment Co-op
Bill organizes and lead weekly group activities to improve running skills and abilities.
- Monday: Plyometric workout to build power
- Tuesday: Road cycling – cross training opportunity
- Wednesday: Trail run
- Thursday: Interval track workout
- All group activities are no fee…no registration.
For details and schedule email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Canadian Age Group Champion: Cross Country, Duathlon
- World Age Group Medalist: Duathlon, Sprint Triathlon
- Trail Running: Age Group Champion OUS Series, 5-Peaks Series